Time and Date

Saturday, December 20, 2008

My First Reflection

This is my first time to post on a blog so bear with me guys (including girls).

I am expecting our reporting to be slow but I was wrong because as I had observed we were all reporting in a fast phase. It was good in a way that we must cover 7 Chapters in just 2 days but I think the topics were not properly absorbed by the audience. Although if we think about it, all those topics were already discussed to us since we were freshmen therefore all those reports are just a review of what we have learned in the previous semesters. I am expecting what we have learned from the reports would be used on our project. Speaking of what is useful, on my personal opinion I think the first report and the fourth report are essential. I think the topics under the first report and also the fourth should be given importance because the topics discussed there serves as a foundation for a system analyst. Along the report of Object - oriented approach and Traditional approach, a question is raised if what is best used as a tool for system analysis and design. Object oriented approach is easier compared to the traditional approach. The objects are there and all we need to do is implement them. I was taken back of what our professor said that we must not rely on objects. We must also learn how to manipulate this objects thus bringing us back into the traditional approach. As what i have learned after the two reports of chapter 6 and 7, I can now answer the question stated earlier. In reality, object oriented approach is much easier to adopt because of its simplicity but i would rather have a knowledge or expertise in both approach. I would like to add that every one of us has his choice on what tools, approaches and techniques to use but what is really important is the foundation of his learning as a system analyst. It was also a good idea to finish the reports in two days because we can have more time in our consultation (which i think is more important than the reports). So a general overview of the reports is it is good. Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment